I’m not big on predictions, usually because I’m way off. However, the NBA regular season kicks off this Tuesday and by the looks of things it should be a pretty stellar season. A lot of teams will look very different this year so I’m quite excited to see how it all turns out. All chatter aside here are my predictions for the 8 teams from the east and west that will make the playoffs this year:
1. Boston Celtics – Really, who can deny that these guys are the top team in the east.
2. Detroit Pistons – Such a solid team of guys that know how to play with each other.
3. Orlando Magic – Should improve on last years solid season
4. Toronto Raptors – All I can say is that I really hope everyone stays healthy and they get their act together. If these guys can gel, wow.
5. Atlanta Hawks – These guys look way better than they did just two seasons ago and should be an exciting team to watch.
6. Cleveland Caveliers – I’m not impressed with The Lebron James Cav’s. Nothing significant happened over the off season and there really isn’t much on this team to get excited about.
7. Chicago Bulls – I’m super excited to see the Bulls this year. They’re probably one of my favourite franchises of all time. Last season was terrible but this year should be much improved!
8. Philadelphia 76ers – Elton Brand at AI?! Wow, not bad.
1. New Orleans – Most exciting team in the NBA? I think so!
2. LA Lakers
3. Utah Jazz
4. Dallas Mavericks
5. San Antonio Spurs
6. Phoenix Suns
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Portland Trailblazers (I’d love to see Portland in the post-season because I’m really excited to see these guys in action this year so consider this an honorary nomination. More than likely though we’ll either see the Houston Rockets or the LA Clippers in this position).
EDIT: I forgot my finals prediction. I’ll take the Lakers over the Pistons in 6. I know that the Celtics are probably the favourite to win the east but I think the Pistons can pull it off.